TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Avalanche In Ladakh — 5 Bodies Recovered; 5 Feared Trapped
- New Tax Laws Help You To Save More This Tax Season — Here's How
- AFC Asian Cup 2019 — Full Schedule
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
It does not take a tech analyst to say India has taken a liking towards smart technolagy. However, according to new data, there have been a total of 3.11 million tablet sales in 2012, in India. According to reports by CMR Samsung, Micromax and Apple dominated the Indian tablet market.
Faisal Kawoosa, Lead Telecoms Analyst, CMR said The year 2012 and particularly the last two quarters (3Q 2012 and 4Q 2012) were significant for the India Tablets market. We have seen the market for these devices grow substantially in 2012, particularly in the second half which made up for over 70 percent of the total sales,".
In the fourth quarter of 2012 alone, 1.09 million tablets have been said to be sold, bringing the total up to 3.11 million at the end of the year. According to the report by firstpost, the report by Cyber Media Research for tablet devices was announced yesterday. 35.33 percent of the total shipments for the entire year, happened in the last quarter, which is huge amount.
In 2012 all five inch devices were considered tablet, including Phablets, which are phone-tablet hybrid device. Samsung Note was perhaps the first device to be of this category in India. The Phabltes alone constituted around 16.5 percent of total sales. Of course, things will be different in 2013, as devices have been set a bar of seven inches, to be considered a tablet.