TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
Microsoft has announced that Karan Bajwa who has been the head of Microsoft's enterprise business in India, will now be new Managing Director of its Sales and Marketing Group in the country. He will be replacing Sanket Akerkar, who will be heading down to US to take up other assignments with the company.
Karan, who is currently the head of the enterprise business in India, will continue to be based out of Gurgaon, and will report to Microsoft India Chairman Bhaskar Pramanik. Karan has been with the company for over five years," said Microsoft India in a release.
Microsoft India's Chairman, Bhaskar Pramanik said "In the last two and a half years, Sanket has led the organization to greater progress across various areas. Karan is a strong business leader who has always led from the front, and his successes both in Microsoft and prior to that are testimony to this. I am confident Karan's strategic insights will help continue to grow the business in India."
Bajwa will assume the position, starting July 2013. Akerkar will remain until end of July, to help with the transition.
Meanwhile, Floris van Heijst, Microsoft India's GM of Marketing and Operations will be moving to take up a senior appointment within Europe. The company is still looking for his replacement.