TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Microsoft has announced that Karan Bajwa who has been the head of Microsoft's enterprise business in India, will now be new Managing Director of its Sales and Marketing Group in the country. He will be replacing Sanket Akerkar, who will be heading down to US to take up other assignments with the company.
Karan, who is currently the head of the enterprise business in India, will continue to be based out of Gurgaon, and will report to Microsoft India Chairman Bhaskar Pramanik. Karan has been with the company for over five years," said Microsoft India in a release.
Microsoft India's Chairman, Bhaskar Pramanik said "In the last two and a half years, Sanket has led the organization to greater progress across various areas. Karan is a strong business leader who has always led from the front, and his successes both in Microsoft and prior to that are testimony to this. I am confident Karan's strategic insights will help continue to grow the business in India."
Bajwa will assume the position, starting July 2013. Akerkar will remain until end of July, to help with the transition.
Meanwhile, Floris van Heijst, Microsoft India's GM of Marketing and Operations will be moving to take up a senior appointment within Europe. The company is still looking for his replacement.