TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Yet To Name Candidate For Pathanamthitta Which Houses Sabarimala Temple
- MSD Opens Up On 2013 IPL Fixing Scandal
- 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched In India — ABS With EBD Is A Standard Feature
- Samsung All Set To Launch The Galaxy S10 5G On April 5
- Why Investors Are Dumping Auto Stocks And Buying Banking Stocks?
- Holi 2019: Akshay, Kriti Wish Everyone A Happy Festival
- Katrina Kaif's Holi Look
- Factors To Consider Before Buying Schengen Travel Insurance Policy
MTNL To Launch High-Speed WiFi At Public Locations in India
Several telecom operators are offering numerous voice and data plans in India because of which the competition is growing at a very fast pace. Thus, these companies are putting much more focus on providing internet data access via free WiFi to smartphone users at public places, like, railway stations, airports and other places away from user's home.
Now, moving on to the same direction, the Mumbai based state-run telecom operator, MTNL is all set to launch an 8 Mbps Wi-Fi service in Mumbai and Delhi by April 2014. The WiFi service will be made available in malls, coffee chains, food courts, large corporates and Mumbai and Delhi airports.
Unfortunately, as per the reports, the service is not going to be free. Instead, the telecom company will be offering it's new service through a modem, priced at Rs. 6,000 and a roaming device costing Rs. 50-100.
As informed, the high speed Wi-Fi services can be accessed by mobile phone users, data cards and others by paying a minimal fee of Rs. 50-100. The users will be given a unique login ID and password for the access.
Reportedly, MTNL's Executive Director Peeyush Agarwal, said, "We are planning to provide our customers Wi-Fi services at indoor locations such airports, cafes, food courts, apart from their homes. We will be offering 8 Mbps speed."
The company plans to procure another 2 lakh broadband customers with the launch of this latest service. As of now, the telecom operator has about 6 lakh broadband customers. Moreover, to strengthen its reach to more Indian users, MTNL has tied up with C-Dot to roll out this new service.