TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Jio Rs. 1,699 Prepaid Plan Offers 1.5GB Data For 365 Days; 100% Cashback Offer Announced
- 7 Surprising Facts About The Controversial Sabarimala Temple
- Does Olive Oil Help To Lighten The Skin
- Bigg Boss 12 Spoiler: Karanvir Bohra, Anup Jalota & Many Others’ SECRETS To Be Revealed!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Ashwin, Rahane, Karthik Set To Play In Deodhar Trophy
- Top 5 Government Jobs On Oct 18: NPCIL, JKPSC, DRDO, BOB And BECIL
MTNL has started its Video Telephony Service in Delhi and Mumbai. The Telecom Minister of India himself launched the service on January 17, 2013. With this step, MTNL became the first Telecom Service Provider offering video calling services with high quality in these metros.
The technology partner behind MTNL's next generation video calling service is Sai Infosystem (India) Limited. This enterprise is basically an ICT solutions provider headquartered at Ahmedabad. It has enabled the video calling service to work over the existing MTL connection.
MTNL customers can use either MTNL's landline or Fibre network to subscribe this video call service with high quality. Video conferencing will be available to the Government and business offices at a lesser cost on account of this. The company will provide special private virtual circuit in the case of broad band connection. The video calls are expected to flow through this circuit which can ease the traffic to a greater extent.
This Video Telephony service can enable the organizations to conduct their face-to-face meetings, training sessions and sales reviews without spending much amount. It is estimated that this service can carry out these programs at 25% of the cost needed before. In addition to desk-to-desk calling, MTNL's video calling service supports TV/Projectors compatible with Video Phones.
The other advantage of the video phones having this service is that they can work on broadband and landline at the same time.
Customers who subscribe this service can make call only within India via BSNL HD-Voice and Video Telephony network from MTNL or BSNL. They need to pay Rs. 2.50 per minute for a video call.