TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Jammu & Kashmir: IED Blast Leaves An Army Officer Dead In Rajouri
- Saina And Saurabh Emerge Champions In The National Badminton
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Is The Most Powerful Android Smartphone In The World
- CBDT Notifies Deadline For Mandatory Aadhaar Linking To File Tax Returns
- Tesla Sentry Mode — The Guardian Angel Of Your Tesla
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Anushka Sharma Opens Up About Catfights In Bollywood
- Ever Faced Emotional Abuse As A Child?
Visitors to Taj Mahal will soon be able to access internet through wi-fi hotspots with BSNL planning to launch the facility later this month.
BSNL's Chairman and Managing Director Anupam Srivastava told PTI that network installation is complete and the service will be free of cost for the first 30 minutes.
An official in Telecom Ministry said Ravi Shankar Prasad is scheduled to launch the facility at Taj on June 16. As part of the Digital India programme, the government is working towards enabling all cities with a population of over one million and tourist centres with wi-fi hotspots.
In February, wi-fi facility was launched by BSNL at Dashashwamedh Ghat and Shitala Ghats of Varanasi. According to the official in Telecom Ministry, Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has identified 25 monuments all over the country where wi-fi hotspots could be set up.
The monuments include Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Sarnath Konark Temple Rad Fort and Ellora, among others.