TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 2019 Lok Sabha — All You Need To Know
- Hero ISL To Resume From Jan 25th; Kerala Blasters To Face ATK
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Asus ZenFone Max M2 — Detailed Review
- Why Cheat India — Movie Review
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Benefits Of Drinking Black Coffee
- Vikramshila — The Forgotten University In Bhagalpur, Bihar
The last quarter of 2012, saw Samsung reach great heights in its handset sales. The market analysis shows that the South Korean mobile giant sells 500 handsets every minute. The company is said to have sold 63 million smartphones in the last quarter. According to Reuters, the numbers include 15 million sets of Galaxy S2 and 8 million Galaxy Note 2.
The year 2012 was definitely the best year for Samsung as it saw huge sales and also became the largest smartphone vendor in the world dethroning Nokia. The smartphone giant will reveal its quarterly earnings guidance ahead of the results on January 25, 2013 although; the company did not disclose its smartphone shipment numbers in its earnings report.
Samsung's Galaxy S3 sold out more in number compared to iPhone 4S in the US in the third quarter of 2012. This is the first time any phone has managed to beat the sales of iPhone. The mobile giant is also expecting to sell around 510 million phones in the year 2013, globally. Out of the 510 million 390 million will be smartphones. The phone maker is also confident about a 35 per cent lead in the smartphone race over Apple in 2013. The 500 handset sales per minute achievement has earned revenue of $8.1 billion (Rs. 446,800,000/- approx) for Samsung.
There is also a rumor about the mobiles and memory chip maker, Samsung, launching its next version of Galaxy in the first quarter of 2013 which is likely to feature an unbreakable screen and a more powerful processor.