TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
The Telecom tribunal TDSAT has issued an order asking Vodafone not to block the SMS originating from Rcom network in about 12 circles provided Rcom pays 5ps/message.
In the other circles, where there is no interconnection agreement in place, Rcom need not pay any interconnection fee for the time being till the final judgement comes out from the tribunal.
Vodafone had demanded around Rs 11.30 crores as termination fee from Rcom charging Rs 10 per SMS for 6 months ranging from April to September. Vodafone had also sent a letter giving ultimatum to Rcom saying that they need to settle these interconnection charges before November 29th.
Rcom filed their challenge against this Vodafone notice in TDSAT disputing the termination charges. As final judgement will take time, TDSAT issues this interim order so that Rcom customers can find some relief in sending SMS to customers who are on Vodafone network.
As per the order, Rcom will now have to pay 5 ps/message for all SMS terminating in 12 circles of Vodafone like Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Rajasthan, Bihar, UP(East), Maharashtra, HP and the North Eastern region. However in the other circles where there is an agreement in place for free SMS termination, Rcom is not liable to pay any termination fee for SMS.
The tribunal has asked both parties to act fast and asked them to restore SMS traffic on immediate basis in the 12 circles. Rcom has to pay termination fee by computing at the rate of 5 ps/ message for all SMS from the date of filing the petition.