TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
Twitter made an official announcement about its acquisition of a social analytics company, Bluefin labs. This move takes Twitter into a new world and extends its arms into televisions. Twitter, the microblogging site, was always seen interested in the small screen and allowed users to interact with events that are televised just by using hash tags.
The acquisition is sure to give users a social TV experience. This may also drive the trend of youngsters from smartphones to social networks about the shows being watched by them. Bluefin, a brainchild born out of intensive research in the Massachussets Institute of Technology integrates innovative machine learning and pure science to measure the amount of people talking about broadcasts in social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. It also has the technology to keep a watch on favorable and unfavorable comments.
The social networking site, Twitter had earlier entered a partnership with Nielsen, which was made public by the company in 2012 December. The venture to assess the Nielsen-Twitter TV rating is expected to roll out soon. Twitter is trying to add more color and spice to its TV arm by entering the new deal with Bluefin. The Social TV and data science capabilities of Bluefin are certainly going to enhance consumer experience substantially.
The announcement made by Twitter also makes it clear that it will not sell Bluefin to any new customers. Twitter has signed deals with social TV sites Socialguide, Nielsen and Bluefin which will enable it to continue its research and develop networks and also let users know the real fun and advantage of combining TV and Twitter.