TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans
Videocon Mobile Services will roll out next generation of products and services by adapting a highly spectrum-efficient 4G technology across the newly-acquired circles in the second half of 2013, a top company official said.
"Videocon Mobile Services is planning to roll out complete 4G products and services across the newly-won circles in the second half of 2013," director and CEO of Videocon Mobile Services Arvind Bali told reporters today.
In the recently-concluded 2G spectrum auction, the company has bagged liberalised spectrum in the telecom circles of Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh (East and West), Bihar and Jharkhand, Mr Bali said.
The 4G technology is based on FDD LTE, which enables operators to gain more efficiency using the same spectrum resources.
Next-generation network technologies enable about 30 times more data capacity than a traditional 2G network. The spectrum won by Videocon in the recent auction is paired and liberalised, which means the spectrum can be used to roll out next generation networks and services by adapting a highly spectrally efficient 4G technology.
At present, the company has a market share of 15-18 per cent in Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh circles, he added.
With Inputs from PTI