TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
Videocon Mobile Services, has slashed its GPRS rates by 90%, in order to make high-speed mobile internet more affordable to subscribers. The revised rates to be passed for telecom circles including Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh.
The telecom operator is now offering data usage at a reduced rate of 1 paisa per 10kb from the earlier 10 paisa per 10kb. The new tariff goes into effect, once the subscribers have exhausted their free 2G Data Pack quota. The company says that this strategic move will accelerate mobile internet adoption and data penetration across the telecom circles. The new data tariff to be applicable, starting first week of July, 2013.
Mr. Arvind Bali, Director and CEO, Videocon Mobile Services said on the new tariff revision, "Videocon Mobile Services is known to offer the best value-for-money products at a price which is nearly twenty five percent lower than the market rate. Always at the forefront of consumer centric initiatives which are motivated towards total consumer benefit, the brand seeks to pass on the advantage of the data price revision across the dynamic telecom circles it is present in."
"With our new tariff revision, subscribers across these telecom circles can now enjoy high-speed mobile internet access which will be provided to them at the most attractive prices. In line with the brand's pioneering positioning in providing value-for-money services, this 90% tariff reduction will help increase data penetration across segments, which will translate into stronger benefits for the brand and will help us engage more subscribers in coming times." He added.