TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "Prevent Black Day," Says Retired HC Judge
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Mobiles Republic Day 2019 — Discounts On Best Smartphones
- From Kohli To Dhoni; Five Reasons Behind India's Win In 2nd ODI
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-Timer In Una
- Strange Case Of A Woman Who Cannot Hear Male Voices
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Emraan Justifies Himself After Calling Aishwarya 'Plastic'
ideocon Telecommunication have announced they will be launching 4G services in India starting from December onwards. The service will be available in seven different circles including Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, UP west, UP East, Bihar and Jharkhand.
Arvind Bali, director and chief executive officer of Videocon Mobile Services said "We are not sure about other circles, but we will be rolling out 4G LTE services in Gujarat by December to begin with. Gujarat is a significant market for us and we are already equipped with 20 times the technology required for 2G. We have also tied up with Nokia Siemens for this,".
The telecom operator recently bid and acquired 5 MHZ spectrum for Gujarat at Rs 900 crore for 20 years. There are over one million customers for videocon in Gujarat. The spectrum limit might prove to be less, if the consumer base for the data services increases.
"The 3G technology doesn't make sense in Gujarat. The state will facilitate our 4G launch because of the healthy voice and data traffic in the circle," Bali said.
This year, there are quite a few handsets that support FD-LTE including LG Optimus G, Nokia Lumia 920 and Apple iPhone 5. Since, Videocon is going to be the first one to launch FD-LTE services in India, it will have a distinct advantage.