TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
India's leading telecommunications service providers,Vodafone has announced a massive 80% price cut in charges for its Mobile Internet customers across the country. This rate would be applicable from November 1, 2013 for all pre-paid and post-paid customers on 2G on a ‘Pay as you Go' basis. This attractive and lowest mobile data service charge is now being rolled out pan India.
The rate cut from 10p/10KB to 2p/10KB will make the internet more affordable for customers who use mobile internet in a limited way.
Additionally, when a Vodafone mobile internet customers roam anywhere in India he will be charged the same home rates for the service.
Vivek Mathur, Chief Commercial Officer, Vodafone India said, "This 80% reduction in Mobile Internet charges for customers using 2G is an important step in our strategy to drive mobile internet and we are confident that this move will facilitate in faster adoption and better usage."
As part of its strategy to democratize data, Vodafone has been hand holding customers to use mobile internet and educating current and potential users about how internet can add significant value to them. The company is also building content partnerships, simplifying pricing, educating retailers and offering choice to customer basis their interests and consumption patterns.
Recently, Vodafone also rolled out a revamped tariff plans for its customers on international roaming.