TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
India's leading telecommunications service providers,Vodafone has announced a massive 80% price cut in charges for its Mobile Internet customers across the country. This rate would be applicable from November 1, 2013 for all pre-paid and post-paid customers on 2G on a ‘Pay as you Go' basis. This attractive and lowest mobile data service charge is now being rolled out pan India.
The rate cut from 10p/10KB to 2p/10KB will make the internet more affordable for customers who use mobile internet in a limited way.
Additionally, when a Vodafone mobile internet customers roam anywhere in India he will be charged the same home rates for the service.
Vivek Mathur, Chief Commercial Officer, Vodafone India said, "This 80% reduction in Mobile Internet charges for customers using 2G is an important step in our strategy to drive mobile internet and we are confident that this move will facilitate in faster adoption and better usage."
As part of its strategy to democratize data, Vodafone has been hand holding customers to use mobile internet and educating current and potential users about how internet can add significant value to them. The company is also building content partnerships, simplifying pricing, educating retailers and offering choice to customer basis their interests and consumption patterns.
Recently, Vodafone also rolled out a revamped tariff plans for its customers on international roaming.