TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Telecom operator Vodafone will be launching new competitively priced mobile internet packs for 3G users in the Mumbai circle. As part of the mobile internet initiative called 'Be Smart', the operator looks to push the 3G adoption in the metropolitan city. According to estimates there approximately 2 million Vodafone subscribers in Mumbai who use smartphones.
"About 47 per cent of smartphone users from our subscriber base are 3G users. So, there is still a large number of users, who have smartphones but have not moved to 3G," Vodafone India Business Head (Mumbai) Arvind Vohra.
With 'Be Smart' mobile internet initiative, Vodafone looks to reach out to customers, talking about popular mobile applications like videos and music, navigation, social networking, online gaming and live stock market updates.
"The idea is to engage with the consumers to communicate that smartphones are incomplete without Vodafone 3G, in a stimulating and interesting manner. It talks of the relevance and association of 3G to smartphones and will enable users to get the maximum out of their handset," Vohra said.
Vodafone has launched mobile internet pack at Rs 44 to induce usage of 3G services. The pack offers 175 MB data for 7 days, to Mumbai customers.
Vodafone' Mumbai circle reportedly generates the highest data revenue in the country amongst all operators. The operator sees a growth of 12 to 14 % every month. The new initiative might add a couple of extra percentage points.