TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Flipkart.com, the biggest online shopping store run by Flipkart Online Services Pvt. Ltd has made its marketplace official. The website has now started roping in new vendors for its marketplace. The page sellers.flipkart.com is now live for existing sellers and businesses are supposed to leave a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for them to receive new seller invite.
Sellers are free to choose from their own products or products in Flipkart to feature once they have signed up. The firm is yet to confirm its marketplace integration with its existing site. It is, however, believed that the company has plans to link the new marketplace with the current shopping site. The ‘marketplace' banner as of now remains connected with the existing site.
The vendor registration page says that logistics will be handled by Flipkart's logistics partner. An online marketplace is one that allows retailers/brands to create individual e-commerce stores with the use of the company portal. Flipkart Gateway Services Pvt. Ltd and Flipkart Market Place Pvt. Ltd are two companies, which were registered earlier. Flipkart Gateway Services was the one to be launched first in August 2012 and Flipkart Market Place was launched 12 days later during which news of Flipkart's launch of its own marketplace came out.
The launch of marketplace is expected to happen sometime in March, according to sources. Reports also say that the company may impose a fee of 6 -10 per cent for selling products using its portal. This is something considerable and low compared to the industry average of 12-15 per cent.