TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Yahoo's start-up acquisition spree continues, the company has announced that it will buying fantasy sports site, Bignoggins and Qwiki which provides short movie service, with it's app for iPhones. The tech giant has not disclosed payment details of the acquisitions. However, AllThingsD reports Qwiki deal was struck at $50 million.
Jerry Shen in a blog post writes "After many years as a free agent, I'd like to officially announce that Yahoo! has picked me up off waivers. I'm excited to join a team of all-stars to take fantasy sports to the next level. I've been playing Yahoo! Fantasy since high school, and have wanted to work here since college, so this is really a dream come true for me".
"If you want to check out what we're cooking up this season, sign up for Yahoo! Fantasy football today. Also, if you're a talented technologist and want to help us take online sports to the next level, we're hiring!"
Qwiki iPhone app allows users to convert photos, music and videos into short movies. The app is quite popular with more then million downloads. The app is going to be a stand alone app under Yahoo!
"We will continue to support the Qwiki app, and the team will join Yahoo! in our New York city office to re-imagine Yahoo!'s storytelling experience," said Yahoo in a blog post.
Ever since Marisa Mayer stepped in as CEO of Yahoo, the company has been aggressively buying of start-ups one after the other. The tech giant has bought 17 such companies. Perhaps, $1.1 billion acquisition of Tumblr and the $30 million acquisition of Summly were the most noted ones.