- Reliance Jio offers 4.5GB data per day for 28 days at just Rs. 299
- Reliance Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone vs Idea: 3GB data plans compared
- Reliance Jio to set up VR lab in Mumbai; hires AI team
- Motorola partners with Twitter India for the launch of Moto g6 and g6 play
- Alcatel 3V First impressions: Offers dual rear camera in budget
- Motorola partners with Reliance Digital to showcase its complete range of smartphones
Until now, they are offering free 4G data, voice calls, and text messages for free until December 31. And, the same will be continued after the changes as well. Take a look at what has changed in the welcome offer.
Grab a Jio 4G SIM Card Before December 3
In the latest announcement, Reliance Jio said that users whoever acquires a Reliance Jio 4G SIM card on or before December 3 will be entitled to the welcome offer.
No 'Welcome Offer' for SIM Cards Taken After December 3
Also, the company stated that customers who avail a Jio SIM card after December 3 won't be entitled to the welcome offer. Instead, they will be charged the normal plans which Jio introduced at the time of its launch.
The New Move Doesn't Affect Existing Users
Here's what hasn't changed. Reliance Jio Infocomm said that they will be offering the free services until December 31 for existing users and for customers who enroll in the service before December 3 and they can enjoy free 4G data, SMS, and voice calls.
Why this Move?
This move came especially because of the incumbent operators expressing concerns over the free services. So, TRAI ( Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) urged RJIL to reduce the offer and they accepted the same to appease the rivals.
Relief for Rivals!
With this Jio's latest move, rivals such as Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, etc can cheer to some extent. However, the new entrant's offering is much better than the other operator's offerings.