- News From just two seats to second term: A look at BJP's journey since 1984 Lok Sabha polls
- Sports Neymar, Mbappe could leave PSG, hints Tuchel
- Movies When Prabhas Talked About Anushka Shetty’s Star Power Even Before Baahubali!
- Lifestyle 7 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Automobiles Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Reliance Jio Effect: BSNL to Offer Free Voice Calls from January 2017
In order to match up Reliance Jio, BSNL will start offering free voice calls from early 2017.
BSNL, in their latest move, said that they will be offering voice free tariff plans from January. This move came especially because of the Reliance Jio as several users over the country are loving the free voice calls scheme offered by Jio.
At the start of this month, Anupam Shrivastava, managing director of BSNL quoted that they might start offering the voice free tariff plans if everything goes well with Reliance Jio. And, late yesterday, he confirmed the same in an interview with Times of India.
What exactly the offer is? Jio is already offering the plans are a very cheap rate, but their tariff plans haven't gone live yet due to the attractive welcome offer. Let's check out the five things on what BSNL offers when the offer goes live.
Free Voice Calls
This is a big call for BSNL. Reliance Jio and BSNL are quite different from each other as the latter is completely 4G ready, but BSNL still needs to adapt their 4G services in several cities in India.
Jio uses VoLTE for free voice calls, but as of now, there is no information on how BSNL offers the service to their customers.
No Mess Up with VoLTE
As quoted earlier, Reliance Jio offers voice calls with VoLTE, but that thing isn't going to happen with BSNL. Instead, the company will offer the regular voice calls, which is insane.
Free Calls for 2G and 3G Users as Well
This is the best thing. If BSNL ever offers the free voice calls with data plans, they will surely offer it to 2G and 3G users as well, because the company can't upgrade their infrastructure to support VoLTE right away.
For Broadband Users as well!
BSNL director, Shrivastava, believes that majority of users will be spending their time at home, most of the time. So, this offer will also be for broadband users.
Starts from Rs. 2-4
BSNL wants to be more competitive than others to Reliance Jio as they are trying to keep the pricing of this zero-voice tariff plans starting from Rs. 2-4. Sounds interesting, right? BSNL is expecting to launch the service from early January, which means that after Reliance Jio's welcome offer expiry.