- 2 hrs ago Flipkart Flipstart Days 1st To 3rd June Discounts Offers On Gadgets
- 2 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M11, Galaxy M01 Retail Price Confirmed Ahead Of June 2 Launch
- 3 hrs ago Mubadala, Microsoft, Twitter Might Invest In Reliance Jio Platforms: Report
- 4 hrs ago TRAI Suggests 11 Digit Mobile Numbers In India
- Sports A large portion of me becoming captain was to do with Dhoni observing me for years: Kohli
- Movies Amazon Prime Video Brings Paatal Lok X The Family Man Between JK Talpade And Hathiram Chaudhary
- News Unlock 1.0: All inter-state and intra-state travel restrictions to be lifted from June 1
- Automobiles Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- Lifestyle Natural Remedies And Simple Tricks To Stop Hiccups
- Finance These Stocks Have Outdone Nifty's Fall In March; Gained Up To 78% During Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
25 percent of network integration complete in five months: Vodafone Idea
The company has also re-farmed 10 MHz of the 4G spectrum of Vodafone in Mumbai to enable its customers in the metro get better data experience.
India's largest telecom operator Vodafone Idea announced the successful consolidation of nearly 25 percent of its pan-India radio network integration within a short span of just five months of the merger.
"Customers of both Vodafone and Idea Cellular are able to enjoy a unified network experience on 2G, 3G & 4G, in the service areas of West Bengal, Haryana, HP, Assam, North East, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana (excl. Hyderabad), J&K and MP & Chhattisgarh," said Vodafone Idea.
"With meticulous pre-merger planning and rigorous post-merger execution, we have ensured that our customers remain confidently connected and enjoy uninterrupted services even as we integrate and optimize our network in a phased manner across circles. We have partnered the best of global vendors and equipment suppliers to deploy new age technologies, with in-built customizations and novel innovations to ensure a rich customer experience while building a robust, future-ready network,"
Vishant Vora, Chief Technology Officer, Vodafone Idea Ltd. said.
The company has also re-farmed 10 MHz of the 4G spectrum of Vodafone in Mumbai to enable its customers in the metro get better data experience. In other circles, network integration is taking place on a cluster-by-cluster basis and the subscribers of both brands are gradually moving to a much larger and better network.
● Over the last 5 months, nearly 25% of the radio network has been successfully consolidated.
● Radio network consolidation completed in 8 circles - West Bengal, Haryana, HP, Assam, North East, AP & Telangana (excl. Hyderabad), J&K and MP & Chhattisgarh, resulting in a good improvement in 4G data throughput and coverage.
● 4G coverage extended to over 750 mn population on a pan-India level
● With joint spectrum firing, 4G throughput has shown quick improvement of "1X to 2X" in many of these service areas.
● 4G ICR is now available in over 60K sites across all circles.
● Enhanced the capabilities of more than 4.7K sites through dynamic spectrum re-farming.
● By end of Jan 2019, nearly 45K co-located and low utilization sites have been switched off.