TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
India's largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel today announced the readiness of 6500 mobile broadband sites (4G+3G) across Gujarat, expanding the availability of its mobile data services to more than 7,250 towns and villages in the state.
During the expansion process, Airtel said that it had installed one new 4G site every 90 minutes in the past six months. The expansion would also augment the reach of Airtel's VoLTE services in Gujarat enabling high-definition voice quality and faster call set up for its 4G users.
KC Narendran, Chief Executive Officer - Gujarat, Bharti Airtel said, "Keeping in mind the fast-evolving usage habits of the new-age mobile internet user and the ever-increasing smartphone penetration, we are delighted to take our mobile-broadband capabilities to the next level with 6500 sites, ably backed by strengthened and scaled up infrastructure. As the leading mobile service provider in the country, we are glad that we are able to contribute significantly towards the Government's vision of Digital India with our enhanced speeds, reach and coverage."
Besides doubling its transmission capacity, Airtel has also strategically scaled up its mobile backhaul capabilities and extended its fiber backbone to 12,300 Kms, to ensure a high-quality future-ready network.
This network expansion is a part of Project Leap - Airtel's nationwide network transformation program to build a future-ready network. The Company has committed an investment of Rs 60,000 crores across India under this program.
In the last two years, Airtel has deployed 180,000 mobile sites across India. This is same as the number of mobile sites deployed by the company in the first 20 years of operations, making it one the largest mobile network rollouts globally.
Network highlights of Airtel Gujarat:
- Platinum 3G services launched in Oct 2015
- High-speed 4G services launched in Oct 2016
- VoLTE services launched in Oct 2017
- Fiber backbone - 12300 KMs
- Towns and villages covered by Airtel 3G and 4G - 7250
- 4G offered on FD LTE 1800 MHz and TD LTE 2300 MHz spectrum
- 3G offered on 2100 MHz spectrum