TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
India's largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel is likely to launch its VoLTE services, as early as next week, ET reported.
According to the report, some customers in Mumbai and Kolkata, and then other metro cities where Airtel is planning to launch, will get messages to activate VoLTE calls on their phones.
The report also said that the company may first launch its services in Mumbai, followed by Kolkata, and then expand it to other metro cities.
Gopal Vittal, MD and CEO (India and South Asia), Bharti Airtel earlier said that "We have done (VoLTE) trials in 5-6 cities. Towards the end of this fiscal year, we will be taking VoLTE across the country. The uptake of VoLTE devices will depend on certification...We should be very much national in the coming 6-9 months."
Meanwhile, Idea Cellular is also expected to launch its VoLTE services this month. However there is no further announcement made by the company
At present only Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Jio is offering the VoLTE or Voice over LTE networks in the country and that was the main reason why Jio is providing free calls to its customers.
To recall Jio has managed to garner 130 million customers in just one year of its operations.
The company has also topped or say declared as the fastest 4G network in the month of July, according to the new data Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
The data says that Reliance Jio registered an average download speed of 18.331 Mbps which is nearly double the speed of incumbent telcos while the average download speed on Vodafone's 4G network was 9.32mbps.
Jio has started its operation on Septemeber 5, 2016 with the Welcome offer which gave unlimited data, voice, video calls and messaging access for three months and as expected, the whole telecom industry was shaken. In fact, Jio has forced has telcos to change their tariff plans to retain their users.