- 35 min ago Flipkart Big Saving Days Sale 2021: Best Offers On Poco X3, Poco M2 Pro, And More
- 1 hr ago Flipkart Big Shopping Days Sale 2021: Offers On Smartphones, Laptops, TVs, Appliances And More
- 3 hrs ago Axis Bank FASTag Recharge: How To Apply And Recharge Axis Bank FASTag Online
- 3 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy A32 4G Variant Gets Benchmarked: Is It Launching Soon?
- Automobiles Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- News First case of bird flu detected in Delhi Zoo
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Movies IFFI 2021: Priyadarshan Attends The Big Event In Goa With Chief Guest Kichcha Sudeep; See Pictures
- Finance How You Can Run NPS Tier II Account Like A Savings Account Without Cheque Book?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Sports India vs Australia: Aussies assistant coach McDonald happy with Rohit Sharma wicket
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Airtel Puts An End To Call Drops With Free Airtel Wi-Fi Calling
The Indian telecom industry has seen exponential growth in the past few years, thanks to the wide range of inexpensive calling plans and 4G internet. But that doesn't mean operators like Airtel will stop there.
Last December, Airtel became the first Indian telecom operator to truly bring a solution to indoor connectivity problems. The company launched its Airtel Wi-Fi Calling service to allow all its subscribers to enjoy better call connection by leveraging the available Wi-Fi network. All you need is a 4G-enabled smartphone and a Wi-Fi connection. Before we dive into the details, let's understand the new feature.
What’s Airtel Wi-Fi Calling?
The latest feature will enable Airtel subscribers to make or receive calls using a wireless internet connection instead of the regular network. If a user has a good Wi-Fi network, calls can get through even when the mobile network reception is weak. Not only is Airtel the first in the country to provide this service but also the one with a userbase of 3 million in just two months. This move by Airtel has placed it way above its competition and the company expects the new technology to scale up to 10 million by the end of this year.
What Makes It A Game Changer?
There's much more to the new tech than aiding call drops. Airtel Wi-Fi Calling will serve as a great tool to decongest typical cellular networks in densely populated areas. Besides, Airtel is offering the new service for free and users can continue using the service on their current mobile plans.
Another advantage of Airtel Wi-Fi calling is the luxury to make HD calls even from remote areas that lack HD or VoLTE voice facilities. So, make sure you have a compatible smartphone and an Airtel SIM and you are good to go.
Is Your Device Ready For The Service?
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling supports a wide array of smartphones ranging from Apple iPhones to Samsung's various lineups. Apart from flagship smartphones, the service can be availed in the affordable line of smartphones as well. Besides, if you own a OnePlus smartphone, you can enable Wi-Fi calling only on Airtel's network, unlike Jio.
To check out the whole list of all compatible handsets, visit https://www.airtel.in/wifi-calling. One can check the steps of activating Wi-Fi calling and handsets compatibility directly on the link.
How To Use Airtel Wi-Fi Calling?
Airtel has rolled out the new service nationally for all the circles (except J&K). Besides, Airtel Wi-Fi calling is available on all broadband providers which means as long as you are an Airtel user, you can enjoy the service on any Wi-Fi connection.
If your phone is compatible for Airtel Wi-Fi Calling, connect to a broadband connection and then turn on VoLTE service for your Airtel SIM. To do that, you need to go to your phone's Settings >Networks >Airtel SIM >VoLTE. Now, to make the most of Wi-Fi calling, head to Settings > Network Settings > Airtel SIM > Activate Make Calls Using Wi-Fi. It's that simple.
Airtel, with its latest Wi-Fi Calling service, has made it irresistible for users to not make use of it. So, turn it on on your phone and experience the difference.