TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 4 Army Personnel, Including Major Martyred In Encounter With JeM Terrorists In Pulwama, J&K
- West Indies Batsman Chris Gayle To Retire From ODIs After World Cup
- The First-Ever Maruti 800 Delivered To Customer Gets Restored After 26 Years
- Apple Might Launch RED Variants Of iPhone XS And XS Max
- Earn Interest Of Upto 9% On These Bank Deposits
- Jageshwar — The Himalayan Town With 100 Ancient Temples
- Ranveer Reacts To Will Smith’s Praise For Gully Boy!
- Anavila Misra On Slow Fashion And Her Latest Travel-inspired Collection
India's largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel today retaliated against Reliance Jio for alleging that the former is providing eSim service on Apple Watch Series 3 in violation of license norms and demanded immediate closure of the service.
"This is yet another frivolous complaint by a desperate operator, whose sole aim appears to have a monopoly over everything that they do. Bharti Airtel is a law-abiding and responsible operator. said an Airtel spokesperson.
The DoT was duly notified prior to the launch of Apple watch including product features, network architecture and a lawful interception and we have also requested them to carry out a demonstration of the same, spokesperson said.
Airtel further claims that all information related to customers, network nodes etc. was hosted in a fully secure manner along with provision for lawful interception.
According to a report in PTI, Reliance Jio alleged that Airtel hasn't installed eSIM provisioning node within India and the node being used to provide Apple Watch Series 3 service is currently located out of India in "gross violation to the license terms.
Reliance Jio said in a letter to DoT that the firm (Airtel) has deliberately chosen to install a critical network element outside India.
Furthermore, Jio also requested to DoT to take severe action against M/s Bharti Airtel and impose the strictest of penalties under the License.
To recall, both Airtel and Jio have introduced Apple Watch 3 in the country last week with some good offers to attract Apple fans.
The watch is available in two different sizes i.e 42 mm and a 38 mm. It comes with GPS and cellular connectivity both featuring a 70 percent faster dual-core processor and new wireless chip W2.
Users can make calls directly, receive texts and more, with Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), even without iPhone nearby.
To activate cellular service with Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), users will first need to update iOS 11.3 and watchOS 4.3, then tap Settings on iPhone > General > About and follow the prompt to update to the latest carrier settings.