TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
As part of its network expansion programme Project LEAP, India's largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel today announced its plans to add more than 8,000 new sites in 2018-19 along with the deployment of an additional 4200 KMs of optic fiber, in Maharashtra & Goa.
Rohit Marwha, Chief Executive Officer - Maharashtra & Goa, Bharti Airtel Ltd, adds, "We are committed to offering our customers in Maharashtra & Goa a seamless experience on the best smartphone network. We will continue to invest aggressively in the region and expand our network capabilities with over 38,000 sites by the end of this financial year."
He said: "With our enhanced speeds, reach and coverage, we also aim to contribute towards the Government's vision of Digital India."
The massive roll-out would mean an addition of 1 new site per hour to Airtel's future-ready network in the states of Maharashtra & Goa, the telco said.
The expansion plan for FY 2018-19 follows a fruitful FY 2017-18 which saw more than 7000 new sites being deployed and more than 2600 KMs of optic fiber being rolled out in Maharashtra & Goa, extending its mobile broadband footprint to 27000 towns and villages.
With this planned roll-out, then the number of Airtel's mobile sites in Maharashtra & Goa would go up by 25 percent to 38,000, further enhancing the speeds and voice qualities. The addition of fresh optic fiber would extend its fiber backbone to 21,600 KMs, supporting the growth of high-speed data services in the region.
Network highlights of Airtel Maharashtra & Goa:
1) 4G services on 2300 MHz launched in Apr 2012
2) 4G services on 1800 MHz added in Feb 2017
3) VoLTE services launched in Oct 2017
4) Fiber backbone - 17400 KMs
5) Total number of sites at the end of FY 17-18 - 31,000
6) Towns and villages covered by Airtel network- 40,000
To recall the company has also announced its plans to add more than 6,000 new sites in Gujarat in this financial year.
Furthermore, with this roll-out, the number of Airtel's mobile sites in Gujarat would go up by 25 percent to 29,000, further enhancing the network speeds and voice quality.
The addition of fresh optic fiber would extend Airtel's fiber backbone to 13,800 KMs, supporting the growth of high-speed data services in the region.