TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
India's largest telecommunication services provider Bharti Airtel has announced that it will deploy the advanced Massive MIMO Pre-5G technology across IPL match venues in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mohali, Indore, Jaipur, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
The first venue to go LIVE with Airtel's Massive MIMO deployment will be the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai where the first match of the IPL will be played on April 7, 2018.
Massive MIMO expands existing network capacity by five to seven times over existing spectrum, thereby improving spectral efficiency. Customers will be able to experience superfast data speeds on Airtel's 4G network despite the very large number of concurrent users on the network sites at the venue.
Shyam Mardikar, CTO - Mobile, Bharti Airtel said "As part of our endeavor to offer a seamless high-speed 4G experience to our customers, we are deploying this advanced Pre-5G solution to enable high speed and high capacity in-stadia network experience at IPL match venues. We believe this will enhance the digital experience for our customers and enable them to share, post and stream content seamlessly even in locations with massive crowds."
Airtel was the first mobile operator in India to commercially deploy Massive MIMO, the company claims.
Meanwhile, the company has also announced that it users will get unlimited FREE streaming of all LIVE matches and highlights from the upcoming Vivo IPL 2018 via Hotstar.
The new version of the app comes with a dedicated cricket section that has been designed to bring a highly curated experience to users in addition to all the LIVE action.
Airtel TV users will be able to select and follow their favorite teams, keep up with ongoing matches, leader-board and go through the upcoming schedule all without leaving the Airtel TV app.