TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — Storm To Make Landfall In Andhra By Afternoon; 22 Trains Cancelled
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- Virat Kohli Second-Fastest To 25 Test Hundreds; Surpasses Tendulkar
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- 10 Best Websites To Watch Bollywood Movies Online
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Red Carpet Pictures
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- 2018 Survey Reveals The Most Dangerous Countries For Women
State-owned telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) entered into an agreement with Coriant to chart a path for 5G and IoT in India. The Memorandum of Understanding was signed between BSNL and Coriant for laying the foundation for innovation in Network Architectures and Services Leveraging 5G, IoT, SDN/NFV, and Mobile Edge Computing Technologies.
"We continue to focus on bringing our customers across India the latest innovations in communications technologies that enrich their personal and work lives," said Anupam Shrivastava, CMD BSNL.
Shrivastava said, "5G represents an enormous leap forward in capacity and throughput speeds, and we are pleased to team with our long-term technology partner Coriant to tap into these capabilities and explore real-world use cases for next-generation services and applications."
Under the terms of the MoU, Coriant and BSNL will cooperate to accelerate network architecture and service innovation leveraging 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), SDN/NFV, and Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) technologies.
"BSNL's vision aligns nicely with our strategy of driving innovation in purpose-built 5G solutions and architectures," said Shaygan Kheradpir, CEO, and Chairman, Coriant. "We look forward to our joint work and the opportunity to help BSNL fast track development toward a 5G and IoT future and bring the value of these technologies to India and its citizens."
Coriant is a leading supplier of packet optical, IP, and SDN solutions to Tier 1 global service providers and webscale Internet operators.