- Reliance JioPhone available at Rs. 500 discount on Paytm Mall
- JioPhone software update brings Google Maps support
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber internet to cost Rs. 500 to Rs. 700 per month; November rollout likely
- JioPhone 2 and Jio GigaFiber announced at the AGM
- RIL 41st Annual General Meeting: Watch the live stream here
- Reliance JioFiber with 100GB per month at 100Mbps speed may launch soon in India
However, these phones are due to launch in Q1 2017, but rumors claim that the telecom company will surely launch these phones to attract more users. Today, a new rumor comes out saying that Reliance Jio has teamed up with Qualcomm to power these smartphones.
Apparently, the close rival to Qualcomm: MediaTek has lost the project, according to the reports. As we already know that Lava and some other brands will manufacture these devices, but they will be named under the Reliance's LYF brand itself.
Lava and Other Chinese Brands Will Manufacture them!
As said earlier, these cheapest smartphones will be manufactured by Lava (a confirmed brand) and several other Chinese brands as well. But, the smartphones will only be named under the LYF series.
Might be Priced Under Rs. 1,500
Rumors have it all. The cheapest 4G VoLTE smartphone from Reliance Jio will cost the users under Rs. 1,500, which is an insane pricing.
To attract Customers
The main goal of launching this cheapest 4G plans is to attract customers of every segment. As of now, there are several phones costing Rs. 10,000 and above with no support for VoLTE calls.
Improvements to Jio Infrastructure
Due to the underwhelming customer reviews, Jio has already started improving their infrastructure in India. A total of 45,000 mobile towers will be implanted in the country over next six months.
Voice Call Improvements
As everyone will be aware of the fact that Reliance Jio has been facing a lot of criticism from every corner of the country due to the call drops. So, Jio needs to quickly address this issue to not lose the customers.