TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
With its introduction in September, Reliance Jio has been making headlines now and then. Recently, we got to hear that the company was extending its Welcome Offer with the introduction of Happy New Year offer with more benefits.
Now, widespread reports about the company's new service have been circulating all over the internet. Though we are yet to receive an official update, according to a TelecomTalk report, seemingly, Reliance Jio may soon introduce a new feature called 'Locate My Device'.
This new feature will basically help users locate their devices with the help of GPS. This feature might be very useful especially for users who have the habit of misplacing their smartphones frequently.
Significantly, the 'Locate My Device' feature will provide information about smartphone's location history. Users can, therefore, keep a track of location in a list view apart from a map view which will provide more detailed information including the date and time.
If the new feature is made live, then Jio subscribers can make use of this feature by logging into Jio's official website.
Users will just have to click on 'My Account', and on doing so, they will be able to see a few options on the screen including 'Locate My Device'. Currently, this feature may not appear but once it goes live, and users can track their smartphones from the website itself.
Additionally, just in case if a user's smartphone is stolen, Jio will be allowing users to remotely control the device via the JioSecurity app. With the help of this app, users will be able to wipe data or lock the smartphone remotely. This feature might be available only for Android users.
On the contrary, the report has also disclosed that no information on whether this feature will work only on LYF-branded smartphones or will be made available to all the Jio subscribers has been provided.