TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Another setback for incumbents telecom players, as this is the seventh consecutive month, Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance Jio has topped or say declared as the fastest 4G network in the month of July.
According to the data published by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), Reliance Jio registered an average download speed of 18.331 Mbps which is nearly double the speed of incumbent telcos while the average download speed on Vodafone's 4G network was 9.32mbps. The speed on Bharti Airtel network improved slightly to 9.26mbps in July from 8.91mbps a month ago. Idea Cellular's average 4G download speed was lowest at 8.83 mbps. telecom operator Aircel registered an average download speed of 2.356 Mbps, which is followed by state-run operator BSNL with 1.903 Mbps.
However, India's second largest telecom service provider Vodafone topped the chart in 3G network.
Meanwhile, Jio has completed one year of its commercial services.
The company started its operation with the Welcome offer which gave unlimited data, voice, video calls and messaging access for three months and as expected, the whole telecom industry was shaken. In fact, Jio has forced has telcos to change their tariff plans to retain their users.
To recall, a report by Opensingnal says that Bharti Airtel has the highest internet speed, while Reliance Jio which is known for giving jitters to the industry has scored best in availability and Vodafone took the most latency awards.
Broadband testing and network diagnostic application Ookla has also rated Airtel as India's fastest mobile network. Ookla's findings are based on analysis of millions of internet speed tests logged on 'modern devices' by mobile customers across India using its popular Speedtest app.
The results include all mobile tests, regardless of connection technology. However, Jio states, "the claim of Airtel that it is India's fastest network is false, misleading and incorrect."