- 23 min ago ViewSonic launches VX2458-C-mhd display for gaming
- 58 min ago Astronomers determine Planet Nine orbit; could be hiding beyond Kuiper Belt
- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) and Galaxy A7 (2018) get up to Rs 8,000 price drop
- 1 hr ago Best smartphones with 48MP rear camera available under Rs. 25,000
- News Internal security: The challenge ahead for the next dispensation
- Sports Jofra Archer drafted into England's World Cup squad
- Movies Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Is UNAFFECTED By Vivek Oberoi's Tweet; Deepika Padukone In Awe Of Aaradhya
- Finance Rupee Seen At 67/Dollar On Modi Win
- Lifestyle Bhringraj Oil: Benefits For Hair & How To Use
- Automobiles Suzuki Confirms Gixxer 250 Naked Roadster Launch — Coming Diwali 2019
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
RIL to invest Rs. 3000 crore in next 3 years in Odisha, says Mukesh Ambani
RIL has created sustained new employment opportunities ─ both direct and indirect ─ to over 30,000 people in the state
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani today said that the company will invest Rs. 3000 in the next three years in Odisha.
He said, "Reliance has already invested over 6,000 crores in Odisha. And today am committing to investing an additional 3,000 crore in the next three years in our various businesses in Odisha."
Ambani said, " RIL has created sustained new employment opportunities ─ both direct and indirect ─ to over 30,000 people in the state."
He also pointed out that since Jio commenced operations little over two years ago, India has moved from the 155th rank in mobile broadband penetration to being the number 1 nation in mobile data consumption in the world.
We are committed to connecting everyone and everything, everywhere always with the highest quality and the most affordable price, he added.
Ambani said, "Our aim is to take the power of Digital Life to every nook and corner of the state, particularly in rural Odisha.
He said that Jio has connected all cities and towns, and 43 thousand villages in Odisha. "I am glad to report that the per capita data consumption in Odisha is among the highest in the country," he said.
Ambani said that RIL is working with Odisha Government on an initiative to integrate several lakh women in the digital mainstream under the "Mission Shakti" Scheme.
He said that Reliance is partnering with the State Government of Odisha to set up the "Reliance Foundation - Odisha High-Performance Athletics Centre". This Centre will train local talent under world-renowned experts to develop them into Olympic Medal winners.