- 2 hrs ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 5 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 9 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 10 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
TRAI to come out with recommendations on data privacy by January
Digital consent and blockchain were emerging trends and suggested that there should be a provision for data portability as well.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) is planning to come out with recommendations on data privacy, security, and ownership by January.
"Currently, there is a huge amount of monopoly and that monopoly is becoming bigger and bigger. We are saying you can use my data because we are using your application, but give us too so that we can use it for other purposes too... This should be finalized by December-January," Trai Chairman R S Sharma said.
He said, information privacy, security and data ownership, needed to be defined.
He added that TRAI followed the process of consultations and formulated policies or issued any mandate. Only after seeking views and conducting open houses with industry and relevant stakeholders, TRAI would finalize any policy going forward as well.
Speaking on net neutrality, Sharma said that net neutrality calls for access to internet content without any discrimination in data speed and cost and TRAI will come out with its views on net neutrality very soon. He added that digital consent and blockchain were emerging trends and suggested that there should be a provision for data portability as well.