TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
According to a TRAI data, the number of telephone subscribers in India declined from 1,201.72 million at the end of October 2017 to 1,185.88 million at the end of November 2017, thereby showing a monthly decline rate of 1.32 percent, while Mukesh Ambani -owned Reliance Jio topped the chart again by adding 6.1 million customers.
The data says the total wireless subscribers (GSM, CDMA & LTE) declined from 1,178.20 million to 1,162.47 million during same period thereby registering a monthly decline rate of 1.33 percent.
Meanwhile, the private telecom service providers held 90.44 percent market share of the wireless subscribers whereas BSNL and MTNL, the two PSU service providers, had a market share of only 9.56 percent.
Furthermore, India's largest telecom operator Bharti Airtel has recorded 24.1 percent the highest market share, Vodafone has 18.15 percent, Idea garnered 16.69 percent and Jio secured 13.08 percent.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India said during the month of November-17, a total of 15.99 million requests were received for Mobile number portability (MNP). With this, the cumulative MNP requests increased from 314.99 million at the end of October-17 to 330.98 million at the end of November-17, since the implementation of MNP.
In MNP Zone-I (Northern and Western India), the highest number of requests till date have been received in Rajasthan (about 27.54 million) followed by Gujarat (about 23.33 million).
In MNP Zone-II (Southern and Eastern India), the highest number of requests till date have been received in Karnataka (about 34.36 million) followed by Andhra Pradesh (about 29.21 million).
BSNL and MTNL, the two PSU access service providers, held 68.10 percent of the wireline market share