TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dharwad Building Collapse: 1 Dead, 40 Feared Trapped; BSF Joins Rescue Ops
- Joker In The Pack: Team India May Use Vijay Shankar As Surprise Element At No.4 In World Cup 2019
- Harley-Davidson Launches Two New Models In India
- Google Pay Now Lets Users Book Train Tickets Directly Without Additional Charges
- GST On Real Estate: New Tax Transition Plan Approved
- Vidyut Jammwal: Junglee Is A Must Watch For Families & Kids!
- Her Fake Braces Did This To Her!
- Explore The Laid-Back Trails Of Panaji, Goa
TRAI launches Channel Selector Application: Select free and paid channels and generate the bill
TRAI Channel Selector Application is a free-to-use service
DTH has become a topic of discussion, especially after TRAI announcing the latest regulations with respect to pricing and the ability to choose individual pay channels (TRAI's new DTH rules), as per the need.
People still have a lot of confusion on the channels pricing and overall bill that they might have to pay after February 2019. Now, TRAI has launched a new app called TRAI Channel Selector Application, using which a user can select the required paid channel to generate a bill.
There are a total of 534 free-to-air channel and users can select up to 100 free to air channels for just Rs 150 (Rs 130 + Rs 20 GST). Users can pay Rs 170 (Rs 150 + Rs 20 GST) to select up to 150 free to air channels.
Use of TRAI Channel Selector Application
Using the TRAI Channel Selector Application, users can create sort of a playlist with at least 100 channels, instead of selecting an already available package from the service providers.
After selecting the required channels (at least 100 channels), users can visit the website of the service providers to inform their choice. Similarly, users can also notify the same with the local operators. The website shows the name of the channel and monthly fee for the channel in the bottom description.
This will be useful for those, who don't want to pay unnecessary money for the channel that a user does not watch.
How to use TRAI Channel Selector Application?
- Go to TRAI Channel Selector website
- Click on get started
- Enter your name (optional)
- Select your state (optional)
- Select your language (optional) ( a user can select one or more language)
- Select Genre of your interest (optional) (news, music, sports, etc)
- Select your channel type optional (SD or HD) (Standard quality or high quality)
- Select required channels from the free-to-air or paid channel list
- Press view selection on the top right corner to find your channel list and the bill will be generated for the same.