TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
India's second largest telecom operator Vodafone today announced the roll-out of its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) services across Kerala.
With this launch, the telco is now offering VoLTE services in Punjab, Chennai, Rajasthan, Mumbai, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Maharashtra, and Goa. It will extend these services across the country in a phased manner over the next few months.
"As a leading telecom services provider in Kerala, we have been making significant investments to expand, upgrade our network and to deploy new technologies, so as to ensure that we provide the finest service experience to our valued customers," said Ajit Chaturvedi, Business Head - Kerala, Vodafone India. Vodafone VoLTE is a big step towards further enhancing our customer experience and enabling our customers in Kerala to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices."
Vodafone VoLTE will be available on all VoLTE devices and currently, it is compatible with OnePlus 3, 3T, 5, 5T, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Mi Max 2, Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4, Nokia 5, Nokia 6, Nokia 8, Nokia 1, Nokia 7 plus, Nokia 8 Sirocco, Huawei Honor View 10, 9i, 7X, 8 Pro, 6X & 9 Lite, Samsung C9 Pro, J7 Nxt, Gionee M7Power, Lava Z91, Micromax Canvas 2 2018 , Canvas 2, Plus 2018, Karbonn Frame S9, ITEL S42, Apple 6, 6+, 6S, 6S+, 7, 7+, 8, 8+,- ,X, SE,Infinix Hot S3 and Tecno CAMON ISky.
How to enjoy Vodafone VoLTE
1. Customers can access Vodafone VoLTE services on all VoLTE enabled devices. Several popular handsets are already compatible with the Vodafone VoLTE network, and the numbers of such handsets are growing rapidly.
2. Upgrade the mobile device's OS to the latest version
3. Ensure the device has a Vodafone 4G SIM: Customers with Dual-SIM handsets have to ensure that the Vodafone 4G SIM has been inserted in the data SIM slot/slot 1 and network mode has been set as "4G/3G/2G (Auto)".
VoLTE stands for Voice over LTE and is a new protocol for transmitting voice data over the LTE network.
The biggest advantage of VoLTE is that call quality is superior to 3G or 2G connections as far more data can be transferred over 4G than 2G or 3G.