- 5 min ago Thunderbolt 5 Specifications Accidentally Leaked By Intel Executive
- 17 min ago Mi 11 Lite 5G Expected To Arrive Soon In India; Mi 11 Lite 4G Discontinued?
- 46 min ago Week 31, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia XR20, POCO X3 GT, Nokia 6310, OPPO A93s 5G, Micromax Airfunk 1, And More
- 53 min ago Sony PS5 Storage Upgrade: Complicated Than Xbox Series S|X?
- News Covid's Epsilon variant now detected in Pakistan: Can it evade antibodies created by current vaccines?
- Travel Raksha Bandhan 2021: Perfect Places To Visit With Your Siblings
- Lifestyle Mrunal Thakur As ‘Sita’ In Her Bottle-Green Saree From Her Latest Poster Leaves Us Intrigued
- Movies Manoj Bajpayee Revales He Was Set To Make Hollywood Debut With Lynn Collins, Frank Langella & Justin Theroux
- Sports TNPL 2021: Chepauk Super Gillies vs Dindigul Dragons: Sai Kishore's spin extinguish Dragons' fire
- Finance India's Manufacturing PMI Rose To A Three-Month High In July
- Education JIPMAT Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At jipmat.nta.ac.in
- Automobiles 2021 KTM RC 390 Official Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Adjustable Suspension, TFT Display & More
Android Wear 2.0 is the wearable OS we have been waiting for. Here's what's new
Google has done it once again at this years I/O developers conference by introducing a wide range of new products and upgrades to their existing range of services. Among them is Android Wear, which has been in the industry now for 2 years, but has always left consumers asking for more.
Looks like they heard and worked on a lot of new features this year which could make all the existing Android Wear devices up their game.
Make yourself at home
The watch faces on the new and updated version 2.0 has the capability to include more information than before. Third-party app developers can now enable users to 'pin' information that they need the most, right on their watch faces. Be it the weather, number of messages, cricket scores etc.
The updated platform has the ability to include more apps that will finally run natively on the watch. Android and iOS users can now get many apps that users can interact with directly from their Android Wear device. Previously, iOS users could not get many apps to run on their watches, but that does not seem to be a problem anymore.
Also read: Google I/O 2016: These are 10 Biggest Announcements That Happened
Google has introduced its smart responses across all its services. And Android Wear has benefitted the most from it. Sending messages in an instant, the machine language learns about the message received and suggests the aptest reply that the user might give. Talk about convenience.
Emoji, On-screen keyboard & handwriting
Android Wear 2.0 now includes a smarter way to send emojis. You can draw an emoji on the screen, and the ones that resemble the closest appear on the screen. Handwriting recognition is a feature that could benefit every existing device as replying to messages just gets easier. As you write across the screen, the words slide to the left and enables the user to continue swiping across the screen with ease.
Google has also gone on to include a full QWERTY keyboard with swipe gestures and smart responses built-in.
Version 2.0 is a crazy update for the fitness guys and gals. It can now recognize the kind of fitness training you put yourself into, not just run, walk, climb, etc but also pull weights. Details are segregated into the different fitness plans detected.
The new version simplifies the swipes and gestures, unlike the previous versions. No longer would you have to deal with cards that appear partly through the screen anymore. The new cards have been designed to accommodate the entire screen space, yet with the minimalist looks. And every app has a unique background color of its own.