TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Around the same time last year, BlackBerry had confirmed that it wouldn't be manufacturing its own phones. Now BlackBerry branded phones are made by TCL, but the software part is still taken care of by BlackBerry itself.
Today though, we wouldn't be talking about smartphones. We have obtained some interesting information through the revelation of a patent application. BlackBerry recently reached a patent licensing agreement with Timex. Hence, we assume BlackBerry may have joined hands with Timex to launch a smartwatch. Reaching a certain conclusion is difficult for there is no information available about the patent.
The portfolio of BlackBerry has around 40,000 patents for technologies such as "wireless communications, networking infrastructure, acoustics, messaging, enterprise software, operating systems, virtualization and cybersecurity."
So the Canadian company may come up with some different product than smartwatch as well. The press release also is quite vague due to the fact that it doesn't mention terms of the deal.
BlackBerry's senior director of Intellectual Property Licensing, Jerald Gnuschke claims the patent portfolio and the licensing agreement with Timex will allow them to concentrate on further opportunities in the mobile communications market.
Talking about the other company, Timex had earlier launched hybrid smartwatches including the Timex IQ+ Move. BlackBerry also seems interested to enter the fray of wearables. So, the collaboration between the two companies could mean we will get to see a smartwatch.
Besides this, BlackBerry is speculated to launch a new smartphone sometime in October. Thanks to the rumor mill, we already know the device is codenamed as Krypton.