TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala Congress Invites Rahul Gandhi To Contest From Wayanad LS Seat
- IPL 2019: Indian Premier League Opening Ceremony Funds Donated To CRPF & Armed Forces
- Skoda Superb Gets A Facelift!
- OPPO F11 Pro Review: Good Design, Display And Camera, Underwhelming Software
- Salman, Rana & Others Attend The Wedding Of Venky’s Daughter
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
- 12 Home Remedies To Treat Chapped Lips
- India's Forex Reserves Up By $3.6 Billion To $405.64 Billion
TAG Heuer Carrera Connected Smartwatch all set to go International: Big Threat to Apple Watch?
Luxury Watchmaker, Tag Heuer has launched its new Android Smartwatch and it will be available in the US for $1,500, the company CEO Jean-Claude Biver told the Swiss media today.
In an interview with the Switzerland newspaper Le Matin, Biver said that the Tag Heuer's Carrera Connected smart watch has "almost the same functionalities" as the Apple Watch. However, Biver maintained that the Carrera will remain an "exclusive, luxury" product.
The Tag Heuer Carrera will be announced at an event in New York today. After being available in the US, the Tag Heuer Carrera will shortly go for sale in Europe three days later, the Le Matin reported.
The Carrera watch was produced under a partnership with Google and Intel, which provided the internal components and sensors for the Smart watch along coupled with Tag Heuer's expertise in watches.
Tag Heuer has maintained secrecy on several details of the watch in today's announcement, though earlier reports suggested that the Android wear could be available to between a price point of $1,400 and $1,800 in the US.
The Le Matin also reported that the Android Smart watch is made entirely from titanium metal and allows for personalization for wrist bands of six different colors.