Owners of Xiaomi Mi Note can now update and enjoy the latest Android 5.1.1 build based on MIUI ROM on their smartphone. The Android build also comes with full customized TWRP and CWM recovery.
The newly released Android 5.1.1 based MIUI ROM comes with dual SIM support. Earlier, few users have reported issues with switching data between two SIMs. This MIUI ROM is still in development stage, it may come with few untested bugs or broken features. Here is a list of few known bugs and fixes below.
- The issue for switching data service between two SIMs. To fix this issue, you can temporarily switch the airplane mode and return to normal mode to resolve this issue.
- Taking pictures while recording video in 4K resolution is not yet possible, but try recording the video in 1080p and it is possible to capture picture while recording video.
- The system sensors might be unresponsive of first use, just reboot your phoen to resolve the issue.
Interested Xiaomi Mi Note users can install the new MIUI ROM in few simple steps using this tutorial. Before starting installation process, you need to download required files from the links provided below.
CWM Recovery (English version)
Android 5.1.1 MIUI ROM
Points To Remember
1. This tutorial is only to install Android 5.1.1 MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note. Installing this ROM on other Xiaomi models or any other smartphone could brick the device.
2. Backup all the data and additional files; Installing custom ROM clears the memory of the smartphone.
3. The Xiaoum Mi Note should have atleast 80 percent of battery to avoid power off during the installation process.
4. Ensure Xiaomi Mi Note USB drivers on the computer.
5. Enable USB Debugging: To enable USB Debugging go to Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging.
[Note: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Mi Note
Step 1: Download the MIUI ROM and CWM recovery to the computer.
Step 2: Install the ADB and Fastboot tools on your computer.
Step 3: Connect the Mi Note to computer using USB cable.
Step 4: Switch off the device and boot into fastboot mode by press and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together.
Step 5: Once the smartphone is in fastboot mode, then enter the following commands in computer to begin the installation.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-MiNote-2015-03-19-recovery.img
fastboot boot recovery twrp-MiNote-2015-03-19-recovery.img
Step 6: Now you can boot your smartphone into recovery mode.
Note: When you boot into the recovery mode for the first time, it will still be loading the system 1 image. Wait until the system 1 is fully accessible then select the image and reboot.
Step 7: Once you are in recovery screen, clear all user data by selecting 'format data' under Advance option.
Step 8: Go back to the main menu of recovery screen and select the installation zip file.
Step 9: Follow the onscreen instructions and complete flashing the ROM.