While both have their pros and cons and co-exist in today's technology world, the real pain is to transfer data from one platform to another. Most of us use data transfer apps like Share it, Xender, etc. to transfer media files, but what about the files stored in iCloud Drive? How to make sure you don't lose the data stored on Apple cloud and successfully transfer it to Google's cloud platform- Google Drive.
If you are struggling with the transition process, you are at the right place. Here are 5 simple steps to help you transfer your iCloud files to Google Drive by using iCloud and Google Drive desktop apps.
1) The first step is to download and install iCloud and Google Drive desktop clients on your Windows PC. When you download and set up iCloud on your Windows PC, your photos, videos, mail, files, and bookmarks stored in iCloud drive become accessible on your Windows PC.
2) Post installing the storage clients, sign in with your respective iCloud id and Google Drive id to access your stored files.
3) Go to File explorer (or My Computers) and open iCloud Drive in the left bar in one window and Google Drive in another window.
4) Click the top file in the iCloud Drive folder, hold the shift key and click the bottom file in the iCloud Drive folder.
5) Now click and drag all of your files over to the Google Drive folder. That's it, you are done. Now Google Drive will sync all the files.
Besides, you can also make the data transfer with the help of iCloud and Google Drive web apps, but that's a cumbersome process and takes time. The web apps ask you to download each file from your iCloud Drive at icloud.com and re-upload them to Google Drive, which can be very time consuming if you have a multiple files stored on iCloud.