- How to check which apps access your Gmail and remove them
- 7 Facebook Search tips to find what you want
- YouTube, Whatsapp, and Facebook will be available on JioPhone
- Facebook and Instagram might soon receive 'Do Not Disturb' feature
- Facebook will allow users to view all ad campaigns being run by any page or business
- Social Media Day: Best smartphones Under Rs 5,000 for Facebook, WhatsApp, Google Plus and more
Facebook has rolled out the end-to-end encryption feature to its popular instant messaging app, the Facebook Messenger on October 4, 2016. Though it took a while for the company, especially after rolling out this feature to WhatsApp, it has finally managed to achieve this feat.
However, akin to WhatsApp, this feature isn't enabled directly on the Messenger. Instead, you'll have to turn it on for each conversation you make on the app.
In this article, we will walk you through the step-by-step process to enable encryption on Facebook Messenger app. Take a look at it below.
Step 1: Open the Facebook Messenger app
In order to enable the encryption on the Messenger app, open it and follow the below instructions.
Step 2: Start a conversation
Initiate a new conversation as you'd otherwise to enable the encryption i.e. by tapping the new conversation icon.
Step 3: Tap on the ‘i’ icon
Once you open a previous message thread or initiate a new conversation click on the ‘i' button located on the top right corner of your screen (for Android users). If you own an iOS device click on the name of the user (at top of the screen).
Step 4: Click on Secret Conversation
On scrolling down, you'll see the "Secret Conversation" option. Click on it.
Step 5: Your chats are now end-to-end encrypted
Voila! Your chat conversations are now end-to-end encrypted. Meaning no one will be able to see your conversation expect for you and the person you intend to send the message.