TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ will be unveiled in a couple of weeks at an event to be held on February 25 during the MWC 2018 tech show. By now, the rumor mills have already revealed a lot of details of what these flagships might arrive with. Now, we have the details regarding the accessories that will be launched along with these flagship smartphones.
Fresh information about the DeX Pad has come from Evan Blass with a very solid track record of upcoming products. When it comes to Samsung, the Twitter-based tipster @evleaks has always been successful in revealing unknown details. The tipster has now come up with a couple of renders of the desktop docking station - the DeX Pad that might be launched along with the Samsung Galaxy S9 duo.
The renders of the DeX Pad accessory show that the new dock could feature a slew of ports such as a full-size HDMI port, a USB Type-C port and two full-size USB ports. The one thing that appears to be missing in the upcoming accessory seems to be the Ethernet port that was there on the original DeX Dock accessory that went official last year with the Galaxy S8 smartphones. Given the popularity and widespread availability of Wi-Fi, the lack of the Ethernet port should not be a major concern for the users.
The leaked renders of the DeX Pad show that the accessory is capable of turning the smartphone into a viable desktop computing solution. It looks like it will be able to hold the phone on a flat surface instead of holding it upright. This adds to the comfort of the users. Also, it will double the smartphone as a touchpad while using it along with a desktop. With the phone acting as the cursor, users will have to connect only a keyboard.
Back in January, Samsung trademarked for the DeX Pad and these renders those have been leaked now are in line with the description of the trademark. We say so as the device comes with enough ports for connectivity as mentioned above. Such an accessory is not new as we have already seen Microsoft and Huawei come up with similar accessories.
The interesting aspect of this leak is that the renders make it evident that the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ will have a 3.5mm audio jack on board. We will get to know more details as and when the Samsung flagships are announced at the MWC 2018 tech show.