TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Since Android 4.4 KitKat is already reported to come soon, Google has also started updating its apps for the latest platform. At the moment, the software giant has started exciting the Android fans by updating its popular Google Maps to version 7.3. The company has already rolled out the app for Android devices running on 4.1 version or higher.
However, the update apparently doesn't bring any major changes in the functionality. While one can find a difference in the way the information within the app is presented.
The update changes how Google Maps presents notifications. Now in the expanded notifications window, users will find out where to turn next and how much distance remains until you reach your destination. The user interface of the application is also tweaked to show the same amount of information as it did in the previous version but the info is more compact and easier to read now.
The application has also improved icon caching resulting in fewer quests for data from the Google Maps server, which may help save data on limited plans.
Other additional features are confirmation dialogs which ask users if they want to discard a review without saving. The update has also brought smoother scrolling, and smaller cards in the app.
The update is rolling out already but it could take few days to reach everyone. So app users can also keep a check on the Google Play Store time to time until you get the update.