TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Selection Panel To Meet On January 24 To Decide On New CBI Director
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
- Visit Yanam: The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- Kareena Kapoor Khan's Latest Airport Look Is Laidback And About Flared Denims
- Birthday Boy Sidharth Malhotra Cuts Cake At Midnight! Pics!
RedBus.in, India's leading online bus ticketing company, today launched the redBus app for Windows 8 and Windows Phone devices. Offering tickets for over 12,000 routes across India including 700+ luxury bus operators, the company's new app delivers several new features to Windows users.
These include directions to boarding points, bus tracking, journey tips, and history as well as instant notifications for bus location and special offers, right on the home screen.
Powered by Windows Azure, the Bus Buddy feature comes into play when a bus has GPS tracking or for providing helpful reminders to customer such as "carry an umbrella", "carry a charger", etc.
"The redBus.in app leverages the best of the Windows Phone OS to ensure that users have a uniquely differentiated experience. We are especially happy about features such as instant notifications, bus tracking and directions to boarding points," said Joseph Landes, General Manager - Developer and Platform Evangelism, Microsoft Corporation (India) Pvt. Ltd. He further added, "The Windows Phone Store and Windows Store are growing at an unprecedented rate, which underscores the growing consumer and developer momentum for Windows devices."
Commenting on the collaboration between redBus.in and Microsoft, Phanindra Sama, CEO, said, "The redBus.in Windows app is ideal for the modern consumer who is always on the move and to whom time is of essence. Windows Phone and Windows 8 are the most trusted and widely used platforms and therefore we are excited to launch the redBus.in app on these devices."
The company also announced a special offer wherein Windows 8 users can get Rs. 75 off for a minimum purchase of a Rs. 500 ticket. The offer is available until 31st December, 2013 at select retail outlets.