TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Samsung has recently announced that their home brewed ChatON app has garnered 100 million users throught the world However, most of the users belong to China, India and USA. Launched around October 2011, the two year old app has apparently been making remarkable progress and is likely to come in competition with the popular WhatsApp which is reported to have garnered about 300 million user as of now. However, WhatsApp is comparatively older than ChatON as it was launched 4 years ago. Similarly coming at the competition is BlackBerry's BBM messaging app which is coming for iOS and Android devices soon.
One reason, ChatON has got more users is because of the apps compatibility in a several other platforms. However, to go in detail, the app runs in diverse platforms like Android, Bada, the web, Windows Phone, Apple's iOS and RIM's BlackBerry. Moreover, the app can also be accessed from PC and this lets users chat to their friends directly from the PC.
Earlier this year, in May, Samsung had announced saying that the app had a 50 Million users and the app comes with support of 63 languages because of which it is probably one of the biggest reason for its huge success in India. Moreover, the number of ChatON users is also reported increasing in Europe and Middle East.
The app is currently available in 237 different countries and supports 63 different languages. Moreover, ChatOn has experienced steady growth in India, China, and the US. While the WhatsApp reached to more than 250 countries.