- 24 min ago Xiaomi Mi Band 4 latest leak suggest Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity with NFC support
- 34 min ago Samsung Galaxy M30 with triple rear cameras going up for sale at 12PM in India
- 2 hrs ago boAt Airdopes 411 with Bluetooth 5.0 officially launched for Rs 2999
- 2 hrs ago Infinix S4 is all set to launch in India: Comes with a massive 32 MP selfie camera
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna's Dream Of Working With This Big Hero Finally Comes True? Exciting Deets Inside
- Finance RBI To Launch Rs. 10 Note Shortly With Shaktikanta Das Signature
- Sports Glowing tributes pour in for Niki Lauda
- News Why elections 2019 may spring a surprise on May 23
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
4 Things You Need to Know About Mozilla's New Firefox Focus Browser
While Apple-imposed limits prevented the company from adding tracking protection to Firefox for iOS, a workaround led to Firefox Focus.
Mozilla developers have released a new browser for iPhone and iPad users called Firefox Focus. The new mobile web browser has been designed to take private browsing at the forefront of the user experience.
Presumably, the browser by default blocks ad trackers, and erases your browsing history, including your passwords and cookies. More so, the browser will prevent ad companies from tracking your activities on the web.
Advertisers Track your Behaviour
Usually, when we visit a website, for example when you browse through Myntra, you are likely to click on a product. Hence, when you click on the different products or visit their site, many advertisers store text files on your PC or phone.
As the data is already stored and when web ad software sees you expressed interest in a particular thing, you will then see that same product advertised later on a different website.
Block any Tracker Software
As such, Firefox Focus blocks such and also with a simplified browser helps to load web pages more quickly. In addition, a trip to the Settings section will give users the option to toggle on or off the data they want to block like ad trackers, analytics trackers, social trackers, other content trackers and web fonts.
Competition with Safari
Interestingly, the app was originally launched on the App Store almost a year ago and was designed as an ad-blocking utility that could remove ads and trackers from iPhone's Safari browser.
However, this feature is still available in the revamped app. So from the looks of it, Mozilla might now be aiming to compete more directly with Safari.
Mozilla's Firm Move
Ads can invade privacy, deliver slow performance, encroach on your monthly data-transfer limits and even deliver software that launches online attacks. More significantly, Mozilla's move will ease out the friction between advertisers and people using the Web.