- 4 hrs ago Sony SRS-XV900 X-Balanced Party Speaker With 25 Hour Backup Launched In India
- 5 hrs ago Google To Roll Out Android 13 For Smart TVs With Multiple Features For Large Screens
- 6 hrs ago Vivo Y02 Launched In India: Can It Be A Good Budget Device In India?
- 7 hrs ago Xiaomi 13 Pro Surfaces On BIS Database: Flagship Android Smartphone India launch Soon?
- Sports Check Out: ICC, Former India players wish Shikhar Dhawan as the southpaw turns 37
- Finance Sharekhan Assigns Buy Call To Mid Cap Multibagger Consumer Durables Stock Amid Promising Outlook
- News Time to impose pre-hearing costs in commercial cases to prevent frivolous matters: CJI
- Movies Reem Shaikh Opens Up About Her New Show Bhediya, Working With Karan Kundrra And Gashmeer Mahajani
- Travel Ever Seen an Entire Flight Booked for A Wedding? Here it is!
- Education MBA student bags a 50-lakh package with Microsoft
- Lifestyle Why Is Lord Rama Known As Maryada Purushottam? 16 Reasons
- Automobiles Mahindra Offering Discounts Up To Rs 1 Lakh – XUV300, Thar, Bolero & More
WhatsApp Chats Transfer: How To Transfer WhatsApp Data From iPhone To Android Phones
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in India, accessed by both Android and iPhone users. Transferring WhatsApp data or chats from one Android phone to another or one iPhone to another has always been easy. Now, WhatsApp is making it convenient to transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone.
WhatsApp Chat Transfer Improved
WhatsApp chat transfer from Android to iPhone has always been difficult. Users had to rely on third-party apps to get their data transferred from iPhone to Android or vice versa. That changed when the Meta-owned app recently announced a new feature to allow easier transfer of chats and data between smartphones.
To note, WhatsApp announced the new feature to transfer data at the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event, which witnessed the debut of the new range of foldable phones. The idea was aimed to ease the transfer for those looking to switch from iPhone to Samsung foldable phones. WhatsApp later confirmed the new feature is available to all Android and iPhone users, looking to make the switch.
What Do You Need To Transfer WhatsApp Chats?
To note, the WhatsApp blog post only talks about transferring WhatsApp chats from iPhone to a Samsung phone. The blog also mentions the feature would be available to all users, but this could take some time. Additionally, there are a few prerequisites to transfer WhatsApp chats from iPhone to an Android phone or vice versa.
The WhatsApp blog here mentions details for a Samsung phone, but you can make sure your Android phone is updated to the latest version. Here's the list of required updates to make WhatsApp chats transfer:
- Samsung SmartSwitch app version 18.104.22.168 or greater installed on your new device
- WhatsApp iOS version 22.214.171.124 or greater on your old device
- WhatsApp Android version 126.96.36.199 or greater on your new device
- USB-C to Lightning cable (or equivalent adapters)
- Use the same phone number on the new device as the old device
- Your new Android device must be factory new or reset to factory settings
How To Transfer WhatsApp Chats From iPhone To Android?
Once you have these required updates on your devices, you can proceed to transfer the chats between your phones. Here are the steps for it:
Step 1: Turn on your Samsung or Android phone and connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted
Step 2: Follow the instructions prompted on the Samsung Smart Switch. You will need to scan the QR code displayed on the new device using the iPhone's camera.
Step 3: Tap Start on your iPhone and wait for the process to complete. Follow setting up your new Samsung or Android phone
Step 4: Once done, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
Step 5: You will see an option to import data, allow the required permissions to complete the process.
As mentioned here, this process is currently to transfer chats from iPhone to an Android phone, mainly a Samsung device. We can expect updates coming soon to allow seamless WhatsApp transfer between an Android phone and an iPhone.