- 2 hrs ago Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20 Lite announced with quad cameras: Price, specs and more
- 4 hrs ago Skullcandy Indy review: A cheaper alternative to Apple AirPods
- 4 hrs ago Vodafone partners with Hyundai arm, for connected car services
- 5 hrs ago Nokia 3.2 officially launched in India with 4000mAh battery starting at Rs 8,990
- News Ahead of big day, Chandrababu Naidu meets Deve Gowda, Kumaraswamy
- Sports Archer thinks IPL experience gives him World Cup advantage
- Automobiles Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- Lifestyle 21 Home Remedies For Mosquito Bites
- Movies Chinmayi Posts 'Nudes' As Requested By A Troll; Shocking Deets Inside
- Finance Savings Account Vs Debt Funds: Which Is Better To Maintain Emergency Fund?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Paytm Inbox feature lets users chat and send or receive money
Paytm Inbox is a new feature that is meant to compete with WhatsApp.
Paytm has officially announced a messaging feature called Paytm Inbox. This feature is a full messaging platform that lets users communicate via messages, share photos and videos and also send and receive money using the Paytm Wallet.
Lately, Paytm is all set to compete with WhatsApp by introducing features that the messaging service owned by Facebook has been receiving. In an attempt to dig at WhatsApp, Paytm received the Message Recall feature similar to WhatsApp's Delete for Everyone feature. It has also brought about the live location sharing feature similar to WhatsApp.
Regarding the launch of the Paytm Inbox, Deepak Abbot, Senior Vice President, Paytm said, "We have realized that besides making payments, our users and merchants also like to communicate with each other. There is a need of social messaging, commerce and payments seamlessly blending into one another."
The Paytm app on Android has already been updated with the new Paytm Inbox feature. The iOS app will also get the update soon. The Inbox will be added to the bottom navigation bar of the app. You just have to tap on the Inbox and start chatting with friends. The feature will use the Paytm linked phone number for the conversation, so once you press the new message button, it will show the phone numbers of your friends using Paytm.
Having said that, it is a welcome feature for the users as many people use Paytm ever since the digital payments have increased. The Inbox comes with a single line to type your text message and other icons for the camera, gallery and location and an option to send or receive money.
The company has stated that the messaging platform is end-to-end encrypted and users can initiate the private conversations as well as create group chats. The Paytm Inbox will let users capture and share photos and videos shot from the phone's camera and the inbuilt camera too. As mentioned above, the Delete for All feature lets users recall the messages.