TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India Likely To Surpasses The UK In The World's Largest Economy Rankings
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Indian Railways Set To Enter $200 Bn Global Semi-High-Speed Market With Train 18
- Nissan’s NV300 Concept Is The Van Every Workaholic Traveller Needs To Have
- "Dhoni Is Still The World's Best ODI Finisher," Says Chappel
- 7 Apps That PC Gamers Should Use
- Govinda-Movie Rangeela Raja Super Flop; Gets Zero Rating
- Kangana Ranaut Promotes Eco-friendly Fashion With This Green Gown
Paytm has officially announced a messaging feature called Paytm Inbox. This feature is a full messaging platform that lets users communicate via messages, share photos and videos and also send and receive money using the Paytm Wallet.
Lately, Paytm is all set to compete with WhatsApp by introducing features that the messaging service owned by Facebook has been receiving. In an attempt to dig at WhatsApp, Paytm received the Message Recall feature similar to WhatsApp's Delete for Everyone feature. It has also brought about the live location sharing feature similar to WhatsApp.
Regarding the launch of the Paytm Inbox, Deepak Abbot, Senior Vice President, Paytm said, "We have realized that besides making payments, our users and merchants also like to communicate with each other. There is a need of social messaging, commerce and payments seamlessly blending into one another."
The Paytm app on Android has already been updated with the new Paytm Inbox feature. The iOS app will also get the update soon. The Inbox will be added to the bottom navigation bar of the app. You just have to tap on the Inbox and start chatting with friends. The feature will use the Paytm linked phone number for the conversation, so once you press the new message button, it will show the phone numbers of your friends using Paytm.
Having said that, it is a welcome feature for the users as many people use Paytm ever since the digital payments have increased. The Inbox comes with a single line to type your text message and other icons for the camera, gallery and location and an option to send or receive money.
The company has stated that the messaging platform is end-to-end encrypted and users can initiate the private conversations as well as create group chats. The Paytm Inbox will let users capture and share photos and videos shot from the phone's camera and the inbuilt camera too. As mentioned above, the Delete for All feature lets users recall the messages.