TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — 10000 Response Teams On Standby
- IPL Auction 2019 — All You Need To Know
- Tax Filing Increased Most By Taxpayers Declaring Income Between Rs 5-10 Lakh
- This 13-Year-Old Indian Boy Owns A Software Company In Dubai
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Ford Figo ‘Blu’ Facelift Spy Pics Out — The New Ford Figo CNG Variant For 2019?
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- Ranveer Singh And Adah Sharma's Bollywood-inspired Outfits Are Perfect For Movie Buffs
Ringo, a popular voice calling app arrived in India early this year. On Thursday, Ringo announced a new tariff charge for voice calls made across India. Using Ringo, People will be able to make both local and STD calls at Rs. 0.19 per minute.
The app which debuted in a dozen other regions across the world, offered to give its users to make voice calls at Rs 0.19 per minute. Popular telecom operators like Airtel, Vodafone and Idea charge their subscribers roughly 1.20 per minute for STD calls and 0.40 per minute with special tariff plans. Ringo claims that users of its app can reduce their costs by almost 90 percent.
In order to avail the service, users will have to download the app on their Smartphones and call the person they wish to tak to. The best part about Ringo is that unlike several other apps, person receiving the calls need not have the Ringo app installed on their Smartphones. It connects with user on their Mobile phones.Voice calls can work without a reliable data connection.
"Our vision has been to make calling across the globe simple, seamless and low-cost for the masses. Our local calling service is not only the cheapest in India right now, but it is also free of typical telecom-related hassles such as STD charges and differential pricing," said Bhavin Turakhia, CEO and Founder of Ringo. "In a country where 3G penetration is not fairly high throughout, we also have a strong edge over Internet telephony apps, as Ringo calls do not use data, and are comparable in price."
The Ringo app is available on both the Google Play Store and the App Store.