With Diwali round the corner, Hike Messenger, India's second largest messaging app, today launched "Teen Patti Nights" -- a fun online version of the classic Indian game Teen Patti, also known as Indian Poker or Flash, that is enjoyed in India around the festival of Diwali for good luck and fun.
Teen Patti Nights launches on Games (Beta) on Hike, one of the services available on Hike, that has so far got 10 other classic games. Teen Patti has been a highly requested game by Hike users, who since the launch of Games on Hike, have played over 1.3 billion (130 crore) games, spending 25 min. per day on an average.
Commenting on the launch, Hike Messenger spokesperson said, "Indians have been playing Teen Patti for generations now, and it is quite customary to socialize and play the game around Diwali. What better platform and time to launch the game than a Social chat app on Diwali. We had several requests for Teen Patti from our users. With the launch of Teen Patti Nights on Games (Beta) on Hike, we hope that users will be able connect with fellow Indians and enjoy even more this holiday season".
Here are 5 reasons why Teen Patti Nights on Hike Messenger is a great experience this Diwali:
1. You Can Play it Live with People Across India, Right from Within Hike Messenger, Anytime and Anywhere: On India's second largest messaging app, that has over 100 million users, one can be sure to stay entertained this holiday season. Nobody has ever become poor by giving, and Teen Patti Nights makes you richer this Diwali by spreading Teen Patti happiness across India.
2. First Ever Portrait Teen Patti on Your Phone: As you travel in a bus or a metro, or as you lie down comfortably on your sofa, a portrait game ensures you have a comfortable one-hand game play!
3. Fun Gaming Experience with Virtual Avatars: With over 90% of Hike users below 30 years of age, this is the gaming experience that's built for young girls and boys. Choose from quirky Indian avatars in a chic interface, for a game play that's fun. Do much more -- wish opponents with a "good luck" or "well-played" comment, or taunt opponents playfully with "play fast" or "play blind", or get super addicted on the game's Daily Luck Bonus.
4. Bite-Sized Game that is 1MB Download on Hike: Compact and light, unlike any other.
5. Enjoy with 10 other Simple, Bite-Sized, Classics on Hike: Connect, India Puzzle, Number Rush, Word Search, Word Rush, Word Rush 2.0, Solitaire, Snake, Chess and Sudoku.
Teen Patti is available on Android to Hike users starting today.
To play "Teen Patti Nights" on Hike Messenger, follow these steps:
Games (Beta) on Hike
Games on Hike are optimized to support a wide range of handsets, especially the low-end segment smartphones. They are built light to consume minimum storage space , yet they do not compromise on an impressive gaming experience. Users on Hike can launch these games with just one tap and play them right inside Hike. A built in Social experience enables gamers to share scores and challenge friends, adding to the fun and engagement.
Over 100 Million Users. 40 Billion Messages Per Month. In January 2016, Hike had announced that it has over 100 million users. 95% of Hike users are based in India and 90% of them are young and below the age of 30. Hike users, on an average, exchange 40 billion messages per month and spend 120 min. per user per week on the platform. Hike has been built for these young consumers around 4 key pillars:
1. Data Constraints in India. With a market where majority of the internet users are on 2G and sachet data packs, Hike allows users to send free SMS to people when there is no internet connectivity through Hike Offline. Hike also introduced Hike Direct that allows users to pair phones and share files without the internet.
2. Local Expressive Content. Hike has 10,000+ stickers available in 40+ languages. Stickers transcend local keyboards given the complexity and lack of standards on local keyboards. Over 300 million stickers are exchanged on the Hike each day.
3. Deep Emphasis on Privacy. Focused on the 15-24 segment, Hike built the Hidden Mode that allows users to hide their chats quickly and elegantly. Smartphones are shared in many households in India, and with the young far more liberal in the country, there is a strong need for such a tool. Hike also lets users choose who sees their last seen, display pictures and status updates enabling a refined Privacy experience.
4. The Platform. One more app becomes one more contact in the address book. With that in mind, Hike launched News in English and Hindi, Games (Beta), Live Cricket Scores, Coupons and more, delivering content to users available on their fingertip.