Uber, the popular ridesharing app today has announced a phased roll out of two new features namely 'In-app chat' and 'multi-destination' within its platform to make the Uber experience as frictionless as possible for riders and drivers alike.
The features have been launched especially for users in India and the two new features aim to provide a seamless ride experience to the commuters. These new features have been introduced shortly after the company launched its new payments solution, Uber for Business and UberEATS services in the country.
Seems like Uber wants to be ahead in the competition the main rival being Ola. In any case, let's have a deeper look at what the new features offer.
The in-app chat feature aims to help riders and driver partners get in touch with one another to provide information such as their exact location. This will result in proper coordination and the pickup will be faster and cost effective since they don't have to switch between apps or incur call charges.
Both riders and driver partners will see if their chats are delivered and read, helping to confirm the other actually received the communication. They can even choose to communicate in their preferred local language if required. "This feature also means that regardless of where they are located across the globe, riders and drivers won't have to share their phone number with one another should they have to get in touch," the company said in a media release.
How does the In-app chat feature work?
- When connected to a driver, a rider has to go to the Uber feed and tap "contact" and then "chat".
- During a POOL trip, the feature lets the driver partner know which rider sent the chat.
- Both riders and driver partners will see if their chats are delivered and read, helping to confirm the other received the communication or not.
Multi-destination feature enables riders to add multiple stops along their route. Whether it's a ride to the airport and the rider needs to pick up a friend enroute or going home after dinner, and need to drop off a loved one on the way.
"With this feature it's easier than ever to pick up and drop off your friends or family along the way. This takes just a few taps on the app when requesting a ride," the company said. Besides, with this new feature, riders can sit back and relax during their trip and there's no need to make any changes.
How it works?
- Tap "Where to?"
- Tap the "+" next to the "Where to?" box.
- Add the addresses of the additional stops en route.
- Riders can also add and remove stops during the trip.
- As courtesy for driver's time, it is recommended that each stop be limited to 3 minutes or less.