TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
WhatsApp Payments service was introduced earlier this year letting users send and receive money through the platform. Recent reports tipped that the UPI payments support has been rolled out to all users of the app. However, there is no official announcement regarding the same. In the meantime, it looks like the Facebook-owned messaging app is gearing up to add a useful feature to the payments service.
As per a PTI report, WhatsApp is reportedly working on a 24-hour customer support. Notably, this customer support is meant for the users of the UPI payments services, which could be rolled out official in a few weeks. The messaging platform is claimed to provide customer support through a toll-free number and emails.
The report cites a WhatsApp spokesperson stating that the customer support will be available in four languages - English, Marathi, Gujarati, and Hindi. However, the official confirmation regarding the same from the company is awaited. If the multiple language support is real, then the service will become popular even in tier 2 and tier 3 regions.
The spokesperson is said to have been working closely with the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India), the Indian government and bank partners. As per the updated terms, WhatsApp claims that it will not offer refunds and facilitate chargebacks once a payment is submitted. The report adds, "WhatsApp is not liable for unauthorized transactions. We assume no responsibility for the underlying transaction of funds, or the actions or identity of any transfer recipient or sender."
The spokesperson explained that users can connect with WhatsApp for queries regarding their payments service. However, they should approach their banks to get clarity on any payment related dispute or solution.